Starting the New Year With a Bang!
Well, I must admit…I always like th New Year to come in with a bang but having a car accident is a bit extreme! Since I have not posted anything in a while, a quick summary of life since my last post is in order. I’ll do it bullet style to avoid a lot of extra fluff:
- Oct 8, 2014: I posted my last post on not hating WordPress so much.
- Oct 13, 2014: Coming home from Ar-by’s the clutch in the old Saturn goes (booooo!) I determined it’s too costly to fix and I should get a new car to go with the new job.
- Oct 14, 2014: Started looking for a new ride
- Oct 15, 2014: Bought my new to me Nissan Pickup (yeah!)
- Dec 30, 2014: On way to work, rear axle locks up while driving to work during snow storm (boooo!) While trying to figure out what to do, I get rear-ended by a Jeep Liberty (BANG!). Everyone is OK but my truck gets towed to the dealer to be fixed. I am informed that the truck needs a new axle…part ordered (yeah!)
- Dec 31, 2014: Part installed at no cost and off to the body shop, I get a loaner to drive around in while the truck is fixed (nice!)
- Jan 1, 2015: Happy New Year!
- Jan 2, 2015: I am informed that the body damage is severe, the frame is bent (double boooo!)
- Jan 5, 2015: I am informed by the insurance company the truck is a total loss (wtf?!)
- Jan 14, 2015: Still have loaner from dealer, no new car, no old car, no money reimbursed yet, and I can’t look for a new car until the loan on the truck is paid in full (insurance company to pay most of it). Looks like I’ll be without a car of my own for at least a couple more weeks, maybe longer (triple boooo!)
So, now you are all up to speed. The point of this post? Well, for one it gets the time line somewhere for me to remember later. Two, this blog is the easiest way for me to keep all the people I know updated on my life and whats’s going on. Three, I needed to vent just a little.
Now folks, the story does not end there, but it’s getting late, I’m getting tired and need some shut-eye. So, stay tuned for part two of this post to come soon. I also have a couple other posts I want to put out there this week. New year, new attempt to be much more regular with my blogging.
Until Next Time,