This is a quick follow up to my post on Why WordPress Sucks…for Me!. In that post I talked about why I thought that it would be a good idea for me to dump WordPress and move to this “simplified” CMS (Content Management System) named PicoCMS. Well, I have temporarily abandoned that idea.
Why you may ask? The reasons are as follows:
- I have found that I really think Host Gator is my issue and not WordPress
- My cousin, Mark Struczewski tells me WordPress is awesome
- The themes in WordPress beat the pants off of PicoCMS
- I don’t have time to teach myself the Twig protocol for theming PicoCMS
- I found a plugin which lets me use my beloved MarkDown for writing posts
Those 5 reasons are why I have given up on PicoCMS. That and it does not seem to be in development any more. This kind of thing happens in FOSS (Free and Open Source Software). If projects get abandoned and are not forked, you end up with no updates, no bug fixes and a good idea that ends up in the software graveyard. But, I digress, and will save the open source versus closed source debate for another post.
In the mean-time, my plan is to migrate my current blog to a new host, which is as yet to be determined. I’ll keep you all posted on the progress and process. until next time,